Announcing rpmfusion

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 10:47:44 UTC 2007

On 12/09/2007, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Balance this with the convenience, useful for most users, to not have to
> hunt for codecs/plugins, install one package and be sure the multimedia
> playing troubles are solved.

"not have to hunt for" => either

1) *all* plugins, evar, are in the one package, innit
OR
2) each plugin is appropriately named (and perhaps we need some extra
Provides: or maybe a package that pulls in appropriate ones via
Requires:, so that one can indeed install "DVD support" and get
libdvd{read,nav,css} pulled in, the last of them should of course be
optional).

Seriously, that's half the problem. When I want "mp3 playing" support,
I have to install "xine-lib-moles" ...