Fedora spin from RpmFusion

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Sep 28 11:38:40 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>> We gonna start an Rpmfusion Fedora spin giving user
>> the much wanted/needed media support in Fedora.
>>
>> With strictly the media support ( ugly-plugins etc. ) and the
>> rpmfusion repo installed,
>> and excluding AMD and Nvidia drivers
>> will we need Rename the spin or could it be released under Fedora name
>> and artwork? * Legal/others
>>
>> If needed to change the name/artwork would FedoriansFusion be A OK
>> If naming/artwork is changed could we include the AMD and Nvidia
>> drivers?
>>
>> Will this be available on fedoraprojects.org as in
>> will Max Spevack put his money where is mouth is so I quote Max
>> "So go forth and mix your own Fedora. And then come back and share it
>> with us, and we’ll put it up on the _*Fedora website for others to
>> use also.*_"
>> ref. ( http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/31/remixing-fedora-7/ )
>> Or was this just a pr c...
>>
>> It would be interesting download stats Fedora VS Fedora with media
>> support :)
>>
>> If everything is done outside US hosted outside US created outside US
>> how much legal
>> jibber jabber comes from that ? Not for US residents version of Fedora?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Johann B.
>>

> Everyone, please take not that Johann is not speaking on behave of the
> rpmfusion project.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

I'm not speaking of behalf of the RpmFusion project so I make that clear !
If some one has taking it as such then I apologies
It was never my intent to do so.

My mistake what I meant to say Subject: Fedora spin from RpmFusion packages.

I'm stricktly talking about an Fedora spin that will include RPMFusion repo
to address an serious ( atleast I look at it as such ) problem an prevents
Fedora to come even more widespreaded and add an
working media support for the noob user so noob user does
have to do anything to get an working media support. other then install
and things work for him

Best regards
             Johann B.

--
Jóhann B. Guðmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix Kerfistjóri.
Tæknigarði, Dunhaga 5.			Rafpóstur:	johannbg at hi.is
107 Reykjavík.				     Sími:	525-4267
Ísland.					Bréfasími:	552-8801

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
IT Management.
Reiknistofnun University of Iceland.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801