What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Dec 11 07:38:37 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> And yet, you suggest the only alternative to the too-fast push is to
> switch to RHEL or Centos.  What's that do to your worst case if you
> think 6 months is too long?

You have to decide: do you want updates or do you not want them? If you
don't want to wait for the next CentOS release, then obviously you need the
update quickly, so you are in Fedora's target base. But then you can't
complain that you get updates too quickly! You can't have both ways.
(You're one of those users with contradictory requirements I mentioned
elsewhere in this thread.)

        Kevin Kofler