Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis
From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan infradead org>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
CC: harald redhat com
Date: 12/16/2008 11:02 AM

Just throwing in the towel and say "can't do" is how you end up with a
40+ second boot time.

The motivation is lacking. Those same people are running on systems that they never/hardly reboot. They might also use boot time as an excuse to get up and go to the company water cooler. What would they do if their computer booted faster then opening their e-mail?

Of course you probably know this. The only solution is to e-mail, e-mail, and e-mail until you get something accomplished. Good luck. I'd love to see a 5 second boot in Fedora, but I'm only an "end-user" (atm).