Cast your vote for the Fedora 10 Codename!

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jul 23 12:47:14 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 10:23 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Well, we really have not linked directly the name and the graphics so
>> far... it was an attempt in F9 but the graphic with Sulphur crystal was
>> dropped at the last minute.
>>
>> It was a thought that it may be cool if we can link the two and sometime
>> is useful to have a starting point when developing some graphics.
>
> And that method would have stood a better chance this time if it hadn't
> taken so long to get names vetted through Legal.  We're cleaning up that
> process for the next release.  I drafted something to use as a starting
> point:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Naming_Guidelines

It is not a big deal, we can try to link them and get something crappy
(pun intended, the "sulphur crystal" was taken down in F9 with one main
concern about it looking like "dog poop"). So a link is not a guarantee
of success.

I think is fun enough to try to match theme proposals with name
candidates after the fact, like "liberaProgramaro" seems to be about
ghosts and fit the "terror" codename, "Cambridge" is old British just
like "steampunk" and so on.