[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 23:56:49 UTC 2008

Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Fedora could make it's next release somewhere around the point where
>> the paths start to diverge so people who wanted the fast-track
>> unstable flavor could re-install as they apparently love to do, and
>> the rest of us could just drift into stability.
>
> Why would any Fedoran want to "drift into stability"? That is a
> contradiction in terms... If it was /so/ badly wanted as you claim, Fedora
> Legacy would be alive and well, don't you think?

No, Fedora, legacy or not, is not good at maintaining stability. I'm not
surprised it didn't work and wouldn't expect it to work if revived.
What people actually do is run RHEL or Centos for their actual work.
Which leaves the question of how to get from one to the other as you
develop something new, then want to run it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com