Merge review question

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 13:55:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 07:33:37AM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> If the owner of a former Core package is unresponsive to activity on a
> Merge Review bug, despite being CCd, and the changes needed are minor, and
> the reviewer is an uberpackager, is there any reason not to simply commit
> the changes to cvs with comments and close the bug?

For the sake of not surprising the maintainer, I'd recommend just sending
them a direct email indicating your intentions and then doing the changes.
People here at Red Hat get a tonne of email spam from BugZilla so it is
trivial to miss things if it is 1 message in a 100 you get from BZ in a
day. So the non-BZ email is more likely to be noticed & avoid the maintainer
being surprised at the changes :-)

Daniel