Re: Abandon "Default Desktop"

2009/4/27 Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com>
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Naheem Zaffar <naheemzaffar gmail com> wrote:

> When Fedora has defaults, to me it means that someone has put some thought
> into this, into making it all coherent. And that is a good thing. If I
> disagree with any default, I can then try to work around it, but that would
> only be a 1% change decision in most cases instead of forcing the end user
> to choose 100% of the components.

What's the criteria being used to decide the default desktop?

The people who work on it, develop it choosing choosing the defaults as so. If I did not trust them on their decisions, I would not be using their products (as much?).

(Trust as opposed to agree as I can disagree and change the settings/programs.)