x86-64 on i386 (was Re: Promoting i386 version over x86_64?)

Paul Jakma paul at dishone.st
Wed Dec 16 18:29:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> "It works for me" is a poor standard of support.

There must be something transmogrifying my emails before it reaches
other subscribers of this list, either that or I am being
unreasonable in thinking that by asking /if/ Fedora would consider
*supporting* this configuration (i.e. in the future) that it would be
clear that:

- I do not expect it to be supported already
- I am not complaining about software not working quite right now

E.g. I was impressed at how yum pretty much works (with minor
tweaking to override which arch it think it's running on).

I didn't mean to complain or whinge or intend for people to think I
had silly expectations of this being supported already. Apologies if
I did and/or if that's how it came across.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: