Release Milestones for the Masses

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Dec 22 02:52:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 01:04:32 +0000,
  Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> The ambiguity of the spins process threw me somewhat in F-12 with
> Moblin being very new to all the process (well having seen it and
> never participated) as I couldn't find anything that really outlined
> it well and there was nothing in the way of notifications and nothing
> in the schedule. I would have thought it was submitted by alpha and
> completely approved by beta (including a beta release) but even though
> my wiki search skills are crap, even google never provided me with
> anything close. But then I failed by not actually asking so ultimately
> it was my own fault as I plain ran out of time but it would be useful
> on the main schedule none the less!

It didn't help that the names changed for F12.

Generally getting an early start and asking lots of questions is a good idea.

If you like managing process and want to help out the Spins SIG could use
some help. Jeroen gets busy at times and a number of the rest of us are
more tech oriented and are really there because we maintain spins rather
than being about the whole spin process. I try to help a little with that,
but it's outside of what I am really looking to do. I'd rather work on
getting lzma compression used for live images or other things like that.