wiki structure policy

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jan 27 05:41:02 UTC 2009

On 26.01.2009 22:35, Ian Weller wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 06:45:27AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 26.01.2009 06:30, Ian Weller wrote:
>>>
>>> Wiki tip of the week for Jan 26 2009: Moving pages with ease
>>>
>>> With the new page naming and wiki structure policy[1] in place, [...]
>>> [1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_structure
>> One question regarding that wiki structure policy: How can I watch a
>> certain set of wiki pages closely? In the past I simply read the rss
>> feed with rss2email and looked out for pages that started with EPEL/,
>> Packaging/ or Feature/ (for example) and ignored the others. That
>> doesn't work anymore, thus I'm looking for a alternative.
> I'm working on something that will allow you to watch pages by category.
> Until then, hitting the [watch] tab at the top of each page is your best
> bet, unfortunately.

That doesn't catch new pages and makes the whole concept mostly useless
for me. And wasn't it mediawiki that has this imho broken watch feature
where you don't get a diffs by mail? And the one where you have to click
on links in each of the mails to make sure you get change notification
in the future as well?

What would make things work for me is: Add the Category to the rss feed
subject in the first place (e.g. before the page title). Would that be
possible without to much work? Ideally the author would be in there
somewhere (last field), too.

CU
knurd