Mass-Package Orphanage

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Jul 3 16:56:32 UTC 2009

On 07/03/2009 10:52 AM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> NDN>  I'm wondering if it is possible to be a co-maintainer with
> NDN>  someone willing?
>
> In general, all you need is a sponsor.  The usual route to that is via
> the submission of new packages, but it's not the only way.  I happen
> to be a sponsor, so that's not an issue.
>
> What is an issue is that fact that the horde suite is somewhat
> delicate and security sensitive, and not really the best set of
> packages for a first-time packager.  This is somewhat offset by the
> fact that the packages already exist and just need maintenance.

Yeah, I figured as much. There are a few other packages I wouldn't mind
helping out with all in all but without submitting a package for review
it seems I'm coming at this a bit sideways...

> I think that if you're interested, you should start by requesting
> watchcommits and watchbugzilla on at least the Fedora branches of
> those packages.  (I have no desire to maintain the EPEL5 branch, so
> someone else needs to step in to take care of that one.)  The URLs
> are:

Ok, well I could definitely use the EPEL5 packages as I up to now have
been installing them on CentOS 5 servers manually.

> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/horde
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/imp
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/ingo
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/jeta
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/kronolith
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/turba
>
> Later we can progress to sponsorship and commit access.
>
> I still hope we can find at least one other person to assist in
> maintaining these packages.  Otherwise I fear I will just end up
> orphaning them again.

Sounds good..