F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:54:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Adam Miller <maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sticking with old decrepit ways of doing things that aren't of good
> design

No one has describe how having this is bad design. I asked, all I have
heard is because someone may accidentally press three keys
concurrently.

> purely because it is tradition or "everyone knows about it" is
> no reason to stick with it.

it happens to be pretty useful.

> Otherwise we are no better than Microsoft.
> If this is something that needed to be changed and the X.org upstream
> developers decided that they had a solid reason to do so

There is no (yet available) evidence of this.

> , then I
> support them. Anyone who has posted a case about it being and issue to
> systems administrators or emacs users have yet to provide the list
> with a situation that doesn't have an alternative or a solution.

Change the emacs shortcut.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )