/var/cache/mock

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Mar 10 14:18:29 UTC 2009

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
>> [1] I just noticed that I was about to run out of diskspace, until I noticed
>> the culprit (mock).
>
> And I would have been in the exact same position as I have a dedicated
> partition for /var/lib/mock and not a lot of space on my root
> partition...
>
> I thought this was only for Rawhide and was prepared to moving the
> partition when moving to F11 beta. Thanks for letting me know I'll
> have to do it in advance :)

I've spent much of today moving /var/lib/mock/cache to somewhere with
lots of free space, resizing the /var/lib/mock volume down, creating a
new LV for /var/cache/mock using the space I'd just made available and
moving my existing cache data there. I'm not finished yet. I too was
surprised that this was done in a stable release.

Paul.