Orphaning some packages [Was: Re: Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 15:26:09 UTC 2009

(intentionally breaking the thread so this is not burried somewhere in
depths)
Michal Schmidt, Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:15:30 +0200:
> You're misinterpreting Jesse's quote out of context.

I am misunderstanding them (in case your interpretation is more correct).
So that's just that rel-eng doesn't have enough work to do (otherwise,
why they do not control only critical path components?).

So, this is not in protest of the current policy (this was just the last
straw which broke me to do The Right Thing™ finally) and I don't want to
make a drama from this (quoting Seth). However, for personal reasons I
need to decrease my personal involvment in non-work related Fedora work.

So, I am orphaning these packages:

pspp -- A program for statistical analysis of sampled data (simple free
clone of SPSS statistical package)
syncevolution -- SyncML client for evolution
jbrout -- Photo manager, written in python/pygtk
pyexiv2 -- Python binding to exiv2 (used by jbrout)
cycle -- Calendar program for women
ldapvi -- An interactive LDAP client

I really care about these packages, so please somebody take them. I am
willing to comaintain (meaning probably mostly to advice on the ways how
the community around them works), and if nobody will step up to maintain
them, I will probably stay maintaining them.

pspp is close to the new release, I was building for Rawhide all
prereleases (it mostly involves filing a bug report upstream for reach
rebuild, because pspp seems to be hitting many issues with our super-new
gcc and glibc).
syncevolution was just released and upgraded in Fedora.

I also wish to orphan these packages, and frankly I care about them much
less, so if nobody steps up, I will probably just let them die.

JSDoc -- Produces javadoc-style documentation from JavaScript sourcefiles
nimbus -- Desktop theme originally from Sun
python-libasyncns -- Python binding for libasyncns
python-urllib2_kerberos -- Kerberos over HTTP Negotiate/SPNEGO support
for urllib2
vim-vimoutliner -- Script for building an outline editor on top of Vim

All my packages are in good shape and I don't see any serious outstanding
issue in them.

Thanks a lot for anybody taking these.

Matěj