[Fedora-directory-devel] Using Apache httpd

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue Nov 1 16:50:42 UTC 2005

Nathan Kinder wrote:

>> I was talking to David Boreham on IRC a few hours ago and he
>> mentioned that the future of FDS was on Apache httpd with Tomcat.
>> I'm interested in this because the deeper I go into ns-httpd to try
>> and solve my issues on x86_64, the more I realize I would be a lot
>> more comfortable in Apache.
>

> What issues are you having with ns-httpd on x86_64?  Are you simply
> having problems starting it?

The OP was seeing segfault on admin server startup, which he assumed was the
problem mentioned here:
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/FAQ#Admin_Server_fails_to_start_on_MP_Linux_kernel_or_on_x86_64

He then tried the Sun JVM (1.5, not 1.4x), which didn't work either,
for reasons unknown at this time.