[Fedora-directory-devel] Using Apache httpd

Brian Topping topping at codehaus.org
Tue Nov 1 17:16:53 UTC 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 8:50 AM, David Boreham wrote:

> Nathan Kinder wrote:
>
>> What issues are you having with ns-httpd on x86_64?  Are you
>> simply having problems starting it?
>>

> The OP was seeing segfault on admin server startup, which he
> assumed was the
> problem mentioned here:
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/
> FAQ#Admin_Server_fails_to_start_on_MP_Linux_kernel_or_on_x86_64
>
> He then tried the Sun JVM (1.5, not 1.4x), which didn't work either,
> for reasons unknown at this time.

Sorry for the delay to get back...

David has the correct sequence here, but it was late and I realized
this morning that I had reinstalled the rpm and didn't update the JRE
path.  I'll take a look at that stuff today to close it out and
update what notes I can on the subject.

Rich, thanks for the leads on httpd 2.0.  I'll also give those a whirl.

-b