[Fedora-directory-devel] Cert

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 13:56:39 UTC 2006

Neil Lane wrote:

>Is there any way to install a trusted CA through the commandline???

Yes, using the certutil command - see here -
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL#Import_the_CA_cert_into_another_Fedora_DS

If you want slapd-instance to know and trust the CA with the CA cert
stored in ascii format (base64 encoded) in a file called cacert.asc:

cd /opt/fedora-ds/alias

../shared/bin/certutil -A -d . -P slapd-instance- -n "CA certificate" -t "CT,," -a -i cacert.asc

You'll need to shutdown slapd-instance before you do this.  The -t argument sets the trust flags, and the CT means the cert you're importing is a trusted CA cert.

>I am having major issues with starting the admin console, logging in and
>modifying entries as the user I log in as.

What user are you logging in as, and what entries are you having trouble
modifying?