[Fedora-directory-devel] build on solaris using gcc

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Jul 10 12:32:03 UTC 2006

Giulio Fidente wrote:
> i've read carefully the build documentation written for solaris, but it
> assumes i'm using the sun workshop and the procedure does not work
> unmodified for gcc
>
> someone has experiences about the build process using gcc and/or has
> documentation about that?
>
> thanks in advance :-D

I haven't built on Solaris using gcc in a while but it does work. Some
things, especially the things from mozilla.org, need to be told to use gcc.

Generally what I did is:

export CC=gcc
export CXX=g++

This will force the right compiler for sasl, db4, etc.

For NSS/NSPR/LDAPSDK/SVRCORE pass in the flag NS_USE_GCC=1 on the gmake
command-line. You'll also need this when building the FDS code,
something like:

% gmake USE_PERL_FROM_PATH=1 NS_USE_GCC=1 BUILD_DEBUG=optimize

rob