[Fedora-directory-devel] Starting Fedora DS without shell scripts?

Steve Parkinson sparkins at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 05:52:18 UTC 2007

In all currently released versions, libraries were installed into an
application-specific directory (e.g. /opt/fedora-ds). It's only recently
that the libraries are put into /usr/lib.

So, I guess the scripts are a relic which made it so you didn't have to
add those directories to LD_LIBRARY_PATH yourself.

Steve