[Fedora-directory-devel] fedora ldap

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Jan 15 17:25:22 UTC 2009

Wesam Al-Yazjeen wrote:
> i need help.
> can i bind with fedora ldap by UTF-8 user name and pass.

Yes.

> i mean can i use Arabic characters in user name or any other characters
> (not just English character).

Yes.

> can i bind to ldap using UTF-8 char-set not ASCII?

Yes, for simple bind. You should test with various SASL bind mechs.

But I'd not recommend to do so because of possible interoperability
problems with LDAP client applications. Bear in mind that everything has
to be done right when the user enters NON-ASCII chars on the keyboard.
You have to test such a scenario very thoroughly with all other
components you want to deploy.

Ciao, Michael.