[Fedora-directory-users] problem importing DUAConfigProfile Schema in to FDS 7.1

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 16:01:09 UTC 2005

Justin Albstmeijer wrote:

>fedora-directory-users,
>
>using: RHEL4 (update 1), fedora-ds-7.1-2.RHEL4
>
>Trying to follow the instructions on
>http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SolarisClient.
>
>Both the published DUAConfigProfile schema and the
>http://web.singnet.com.sg/~garyttt/DUAConfigProfile.schema.txt converted
>by ol-schema-migrate.pl don't seem to be able to be imported.
>
>Both result in :
>
>cn=schema: Error adding object 'dn: cn=schema'.  The error sent by the
>server was 'Object class violation. missing required attribute
>"objectclass"
>
>Any suggestions?

You shouldn't be trying to add a new "cn=schema" entry, but instead you
should be adding
the "attributetype" and "objectclasses" attributes from the published
DUAConfigProfile schema
to the existing "cn=schema" entry.  You can do this with the ldapmodify
tool.

The DUAConfig Profile schema output on the wiki appears
to be search output.

-NGK