[Fedora-directory-users] OID conflict: ntGroupType vs. mailRoutingAddress

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Fri Aug 19 19:50:41 UTC 2005

George Holbert wrote:

> I'm attempting to add a mail-routing draft schema
> (draft-lachman-laser-ldap-mail-routing-02.txt) to FDS.
> The schema can be found here (among other places):
> http://www.sendmail.org/m4/laser.txt
>
> In an unusual and unfortunate coincidence, the mailRoutingAddress OID
> defined by the schema is the same as the OID for 'ntGroupType', which
> is defined in FDS' 50ns-directory.ldif schema.

I believe that the ntGroupType
attribute definition has been in the server for a very long time (since
DS3.x).
It's certainly in DS6.21 and Sun DS 5.2.

Thinking more...perhaps this is a typo in
draft-lachman-laser-ldap-mail-routing-02.txt ?
One would have thought that Hans would have tested the schema
in a real server. Possibly there is a valid OID assigned for
mailRoutingAddress and the doc is in error ?

Checking the schema in a server...I see 2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.24 for
mailRoutingAddress.

So possibly the document is wrong and the laser schema is already there
in your server (in 50ns-mail.ldif) ?