[Fedora-directory-users] getting solaris 8 to talk to FDS

Justin Albstmeijer justin at VLAMea.nl
Wed Aug 24 14:24:43 UTC 2005

My 2 cents

- test with: ldapsearch -h ldapserver.domain.nl -s base -b ""
"objectclass=*" , to see if you can queuery the server.
- make sure the posix account has the "shadowAccount" attribute
- SSHA is default used by FDS for password encyption.. this should be CRYPT.

import:
------------------------------
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: passwordstoragescheme
passwordstoragescheme: CRYPT

- make sure to use "simple" instead of "tls:simple" for your initial tests
- use : ldapclient -v -P default -D
"cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=domain,dc=nl" -d domain.nl -w proxy_password
{ipnumber_ldap_server} , to create the ldap_file & ldap_cred files
- make sure you run te latest recommended patch cluster.

I'm working on documentation.. maybe I'll have time to publish it sometime
soon.

Justin