[Fedora-directory-users] getting solaris 8 to talk to FDS

Igor logastellus at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 17:01:54 UTC 2005

--- Justin Albstmeijer <justin at VLAMea.nl> wrote:

> My 2 cents
>
> - test with: ldapsearch -h ldapserver.domain.nl -s
> base -b ""
> "objectclass=*" , to see if you can queuery the
> server.

Yea -- I can't. (there's no ldapsearch on this
machine, so I used ldaplist)

bash-2.03# ldaplist
ldaplist: Object not found (Session error no available
conn.
)

Same error message.  This is a pretty fundamental
problem, no?  I mean, like you said -- the FDS needs
to be switched from ssha to crypt, etc but regardless,
shouldn't ldaplist work?

I also have iDS installed I suppose I can scp
ldapsearch from there...