[Fedora-directory-users] moron at the helm - can't coordinate users-groups & padl stuff

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Dec 7 04:11:27 UTC 2005

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> This is basic stuff and I could do it easily with openldap and I can see
> I am close. I can get what I need from command line ldapsearch and it
> works fine.
>
> RHEL 4 - have run authconfig and my pam.d/system-auth looks like wiki
> page for FDS with PAM
>
> I can tell that the padl stuff (nsswitch.conf and /etc/ldap.conf) is
> working because the logs show me that 'cn=Directory Manager' is
> attempting to bind but it always returns error=32 (obviously no such
> object...which by the way is a lousy error report because obviously this
> is about invalid credentials and should return error=49)

Is "cn=Directory Manager" really your directory manager account?  With
OpenLDAP, I've always seen rootdn's like "cn=directory manager,
dc=azapple,dc=com", for instance, so depending on how you converted
your data, and setup your rootdn in FDS, error=32 is likely correct.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator