[Fedora-directory-users] Console - Administration Panel

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 03:25:52 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:

>OK - while mucking around with console and certificates, I manually
>clipped out the stuff from admin-serv/config/adm.conf & console.conf and
>local.conf and seem to have everything back in order.
>
>I restart the admin-serv and the encryption stuff comes right back into
>local.conf and I can't figure out where it is coming from.

It's stored in the directory server under o=netscaperoot - do an
ldapsearch for
ldapsearch -b o=netscaperoot -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
"cn=configuration"

The local.conf file is just a read-only cache of that information.

If you cannot edit it using the console, you can use ldapmodify
1) find the full dn of the entry using the ldapsearch as above
2) identify the attributes that deal with the encryption stuff
3) use ldapmodify like the following:
ldapmodify -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
dn: cn=configuration,.....
changetype: modify
replace: nameofattr
nameofattr: newvalue