[Fedora-directory-users] ldapimport anonymous bind...

Steve Saady Steve.Saady at DSS.Virginia.gov
Thu Dec 15 20:56:43 UTC 2005

So.. I am trying to transfer my OpenLDAP schema and data into an FDS
host... and have gotten pretty frustrated.. The LDAPimport utility looks
very  promising, but it seems to only use anonymous binds, or at least
unable for some reason to bing w/ privileges, which is unsuccessful, not
for lack of trying.  Has anyone been able to get LDAPimport to bing w/
specific credentials?

http://wiki.babel.com.au/index.php?area=Linux_Projects&page=LdapImport

"LdapConnectionManager: Currently connected -- searching.
LdapConnectionManager: We have a search error.
LdapConnectionManager:   Error             = I/O Error
LdapConnectionManager:   Error Name        = LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR
LdapConnectionManager:   Error Text        = Server encountered an
internal error

LdapConnectionManager: Sleeping for 1 seconds.
LdapConnectionManager: Reconnect to $VAR1 = '10.10.10.35';

LdapConnectionManager: Reconnection OK
LdapConnectionManager: Binding anonymously
LdapConnectionManager: Bind complete.
LdapConnectionManager: Currently disconnected -- attempting to
reconnect.