[Fedora-directory-users] ldapimport anonymous bind...

Del del at babel.com.au
Thu Dec 15 21:37:09 UTC 2005

Steve Saady wrote:
> So.. <mailto:Fedora-directory-users at redhat.com> I am trying to transfer
> my OpenLDAP schema and data into an FDS host... and have gotten pretty
> frustrated.. The LDAPimport utility looks very  promising, but it seems
> to only use anonymous binds, or at least unable for some reason to bing
> w/ privileges, which is unsuccessful, not for lack of trying.  Has
> anyone been able to get LDAPimport to bing w/ specific credentials?

It works for me.

LdapImport does an anonymous bind first, to check that the server is up,
before attempting a normal bind.

> "LdapConnectionManager: Currently connected -- searching.
> LdapConnectionManager: We have a search error.
> LdapConnectionManager:   Error             = I/O Error
> LdapConnectionManager:   Error Name        = LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR
> LdapConnectionManager:   Error Text        = Server encountered an
> internal error

This looks bad.  Go check your server error log, or turn error logging
on if it's not on already and check there.  It could be that the bind
is failing on a bad SSL certificate or something, and the LdapImport.log
file doesn't give you enough information when the server just returns
"internal error".

--
Del