[Fedora-directory-users] Database recreation, automount and performance

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Wed Jul 13 17:44:13 UTC 2005

> The IETF LDAP community has decided to deprecated them in favor of the
> new netgroups stuff.

I thought automount, automountInformation, etc. were the most current
way to store automount mappings in a directory.  They still appear in
the RFC2307bis draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-howard-rfc2307bis-01.txt

However, it does make sense that they might not be included with FDS
since RFC2307bis is still a work in progress.

What is the "new netgroups stuff"?

Thanks,
-- George