[Fedora-directory-users] fedora directory and active directory

William Francis wfrancis at anticlockwise.com
Fri Jun 3 23:54:12 UTC 2005

I'm embarking on a project at my company to sync the two together. It's
not important for me that fedora directory updates (passwords, etc) make
it back to the active directory server, so I'd hope that the setup would
be fairly straight forward.

It seems like this would be a common/useful way to use FDS and beyond
setting it up myself I'm interested in writing a HOWTO so that others
can do this easily without indepth knowledge of FDS or LDAP.

I do, however, lack this knowledge myself. Can someone provide a high
level overview of what's needed to make this happen? I can fill in
details myself as I have many years of UNIX, but reading through the
online manual for most of the day it's not obvious to me how much setup
needs to be done beyond the chapter specifically about syncing with
active directory.

Is anyone aware of any resources or willing to provide some guidance on
how to make this happen?

Thanks, and I promise at least a rough HOWTO out of this effort.

Will