[Fedora-directory-users] How to Start the Admin Server Daemon?

Steve Mahaffey steve at stevem.homeip.net
Sat Jun 4 16:02:49 UTC 2005

Having gotten the admin console running as described in a previous
thread, I found that I didn't have the admin server daemon running.  The
admin manual page currently refers to the one for the Red Hat DS, so I
went there.

Those docs say to start the admin server daemon with
"serverRoot/start-admin".  The only problem here is that the rpm package
didn't install this.  Checking the package with rpm -q:

rpm -q --filesbypkg fedora-ds-7.1-2.RHEL4|grep start-admin

finds nothing.

Is it not in the rpm package yet, or has the name been changed or is it
something else?

--
Steve Mahaffey