[Fedora-directory-users] More on x86_64

D Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Wed Jun 8 14:35:17 UTC 2005

Just to followup on my previous post, it looks like the following 32-bit
libraries are required to start FDS on RHEL4 x86_64:

libgcc
libstdc++
libtermcap
ncurses
e2fsprogs
krb5-libs

That seems to allow the server to start, though I'm still not able to
run the console.  Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with Java to
know if this is due to a Java/path issue, a missing 32-bit library
issue, or just not getting the X forwarding right. :-(

Here's the error in case something jumps out at somebody (I'm using the
ibm-java from RHEL4 extras, as I understood from another thread that
it's the correct jre for this...).

[canfield]$ ssh -X elwe.test /opt/fedora-ds/startconsole
        at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel.initialize(WindowsLookAndFeel.java:154)
        at
com.netscape.management.nmclf.SuiLookAndFeel.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:424)
        at
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.common_init(Unknown Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.main(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:2159)
        at
sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:76)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:287)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1488)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:1511)
        ... 6 more

Thanks
DC