[Fedora-directory-users] Messaging server

jclowser at unitedmessaging.com jclowser at unitedmessaging.com
Tue Jun 14 18:42:25 UTC 2005

Hehe - I know it's a bit of a bastard child, but what options are there
other than Exchange?

Apache/webdav
Local personal calendars (outlook, sunbird, etc)
OpenExchange
A number of open source webcals
A bunch of proprietary cal servers

I know this is completely off topic for the FDS list, but I don't know
of any good server based ldap integrated calendar solutions out there
that allow fat clients, free/busy lookup, etc that compares to Exchange,
and that often makes it really hard to convince people to accept a mail
solution that is not Exchange, which in turn leads to AD as a directory
service (my round about way to make it "on topic" :) )...

 - Jeff