[Fedora-directory-users] Configuration Directory

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Tue Jun 21 18:07:19 UTC 2005

Hello,

The installer for Fedora DS asks about which directory server should be
the "Configuration Directory Server."  My understanding is that this
configuration directory server stores information about the
Fedora/Netscape console (e.g., which servers show up in the console
screen, etc.)

Is this the only special role played by the Configuration Directory
Server, or does it also store other configuration (for example, is it
also a central repository for a common cn=config)?

My hunch is it's only about the console, but just wanted to confirm this.

Thanks!
-- George