[Fedora-directory-users] change port on DS/AS

Jeff Clowser jclowser at unitedmessaging.com
Tue Jun 21 21:53:10 UTC 2005

Mike Jackson wrote:

>> There are similar issues with changing the IP address.  Note that
>> this is an issue with admin server, not directory server itself (i.e.
>> changing the port and ip address on directory server works without
>> problem, but "breaks" admin and such).
>
> I wonder what breaks if you change the hostname which the directory
> server is running on?
> There are piles of places where the hostname is dynamically recorded
> during instance creation, and possibly other areas as well.

Well, again, I don't think it will affect the ds itself, but I'd say the
admin server is a lost cause - much of the structure of the stuff in
netscaperoot is based around the hostname, and I think it's sprinkled
through it in a lot of places, like you say.

Actually, replication would be messed up - you'd have to fix the
replication agreements - it has to have a name, ip, or something to know
where to push changes to.

 - Jeff