[Fedora-directory-users] How can I create a User ID alias?

Darren Fulton dfulton-lists at concepttechnologyinc.com
Sun Nov 6 18:12:53 UTC 2005

I have an in production application at our office (Web Calendar) that I
am migrating to LDAP authentication using FDS from application internal
authentication.

Some of the users in the old program have user id's of $firstname and
they don't work because everyone in the ldap server was setup as
$firstinitial$lasthname.

I have not been sucessful at changing the User ID's in the application
from $firstname to $firstinitial$lastname.

Question:  Is there a way that I can make aliases in FDS such that User
ID james equals User ID jjones?  If so, how can I do it?

Thank you.

Darren