[Fedora-directory-users] Re: help for building FDS

Chen Shaopeng chen_shaopeng at idsignet.com
Fri Nov 11 00:28:21 UTC 2005

speedy zinc wrote:

> Could you share how you made it build on your Ubuntu?
> I'm also using gcc 3.4, but I have struggling to make
> it build for so long, it's unbelievable.
>
> I want to learn about the internals, and I want to
> be able to walk through some of the codes in a
> debugger, so I want to be able to build this on my
> machine.
>
> I have never thought getting this to build is such
> a pig... it's harder than compiling my own kernel.
>
> Guys, is learning this special build framework part
> of what I must learn before I can build the DS?
> Sorry, I've been banging my head for too long ...

Hmm, I didn't do anything special though. According
to the build page on wiki, it said you need:

- db4-devel
- krb5-devel
- libtermcap-devel
- ncurses-devel

All the packages are availabe on Ubuntu, except libtermcap-devel. So
I installed termcap-compat.

Your problem seems to be with db4. Unfortunately, I'm currently at work
now, and here I have a Centos 4.1 for my build, and an older version
of ubuntu for other works. My ubuntu machine is at home, which I can't
check right now.

I can't remember which version of db4 I have, I think I have both
db4-2 and db4-3 installed. I'll give a list of the package versions
I have, when I get home this evening. But it's early morning now,
in Shanghai :)

But I'm not well versed with that build environment though. Makefile
and stuff have never been my cup of tea.

csp
--
Chen Shaopeng
http://www.idsignet.com