[Fedora-directory-users] Winsync - passwords?

Dean Jones dean at hwr.arizona.edu
Thu Nov 17 21:43:17 UTC 2005

Hey everyone,

I have setup winsync between FDS and AD and just want to clarify a few
points that i can't find in the docs or older posts..

1. Passwords. They do not appear to be syncing either direction but i
don't have SSL enabled.  my guess is that this is normal?

2. Accounts. They are only syncing from AD -> FDS but i'm assuming this
is also due to lack of SSL?

3. Existing users. If i have identical users setup on both my FDS and AD
servers and then do a sync, what will happen? just a password sync?  Has
anyone done this before?

thanks!