[Fedora-directory-users] Active Directory Interaction

Scott Boggs sboggs at trustedcs.com
Tue Nov 22 20:57:24 UTC 2005

I have recently started working with the fedora directory server and I
think the
project totally rocks!.  I am hoping that a seasoned directory server
veteran can
educate me on where I am going wrong with setting a Fedora-ds and Active
directory
server to sync passwords.  The following is my configuration and
observations:

I am running Fedora Core 4 loaded with the
fedora-ds-7.1-2.RHEL4.i386.opt.rpm that
the project provided for evaluation.

Part of my evaluation is to demonstrate how the the directory sever will
interact with
a active directory system.  I have followed the instructions listed in
chapter 18 of the
Red Hat Directory Server Administration Guide.  Where I am running into
issues is that
the step 6 of the setup instructions states that once the suffix is
selected within the console
configuration area that sync can be chosen and a New Synchronization
Agreement created.

This area seems to be missing on my version.  I am guessing that I have
hit a limitation of the
evaluation version and I need to now build my own to enable this
functionality.  Am I correct?
If not, could someone please point me in the correct direction.

Thank you for you time.