[Fedora-directory-users] Re: help for building FDS

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 13:40:59 UTC 2005

Hmm - not sure.  Looks like it could also be compiler related.  Perhaps
there is some other config option?  I'm not really sure how the
compiler/linker is supposed to handle the case where you have a variable
declared as an external global and defined as a static in the same
compilation unit e.g.
saslint.h:112
extern sasl_global_callbacks_t global_callbacks;

client.c:64
static sasl_global_callbacks_t global_callbacks;

And client.c includes saslint.h.  There don't appear to be any ifdefs
that protect one or the other.  I wonder if there is some gcc4 compiler
flag to allow this?  In server.c, global_callbacks is defined as a
_global_, not as a static, so I think the intention is that the
definition of global_callbacks as a static in client.c is supposed to be
a different variable than the one that is declared as global in
saslint.h . . . weird.