[Fedora-directory-users] Available Revisions

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 14:31:53 UTC 2005

Chen Shaopeng wrote:

>Rich Megginson wrote:
>

>>Scott Boggs wrote:
>>

>>>I have just started using the Fedora-DS.  I have to say that I am very
>>>impressed.  I currently am turning my attention towards working with
>>>the server on a SE Linux platform.  However, I was wondering if it is
>>>best to keep with the current static version that is provided via the
>>>source download site, or could I get the latest and greatest to see
>>>how in integrates.
>>>

>>We will be releasing a new binary version very soon.
>>

>Could you tell what will be in the new build? and a date?

We will be making an official announcement within the week, but the new
build will have MD5, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512 password support.  It
will also contain lots of bug fixes, many of which are in the windows
sync component.

>It would be cool if the build process could be cleanly separated.
>For example, it should be easy to build the directory server
>alone, and build the admin and console alone.

The build right now builds the directory server alone, and you can build
the console alone as well.  See the
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/Building for more information.