[Fedora-directory-users] Hostname does not match CN....

Alex aka Magobin magobin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 14:02:53 UTC 2006

> [root at cnyldap01 alias]# ../shared/bin/certutil -L -d .
> CA certificate                                               CTu,u,u
> NJ-Server-Cert                                               u,u,u
> NJ-admin-server-cert                                         u,u,u
> NY-Server-Cert                                               u,u,u
> NY-admin-server-cert                                         u,u,u

yes, more or less like me..I didn't configure admin

> Now, for the floating IP.  If you've two nodes, node1 & node2 and a VIP, ldap.com and your outside
> clients talk to ldap.com and your certs are signed with node1 & node2 then I'm guessing SSL
> verification will fail.  You're trying to talk to ldap.com but your certs are signed with node1/2
> -- no go.  For this end to end SSL to work, you'd need an SSL terminator IN FRONT of the FDS
> servers, something that will impersonate ldap.com, return a cert for ldap.com and then turn around
> and encrypt the traffic again, passing it to either node1 or node2.  A cute little problem is what
> to do when the ssl proxy fails?  :)

Unfortunately too much complicated for me at this moment :-(

> The thing is like this.  What is the problem you are trying to solve?  Why have two FDS servers in
> 1 location?  Why have the virtual IP?  It really doesn't buy you a whole lot.

Ok Susan..the problem is configuring Fedora DS in cluster scenario; I
have two options:

1) Configuring Fedora DS in GFS file system so I can move DS from nodo1
to nodo2 if it for some reason fails

2) Taking advantage to multi master replication to make the same
thing...but in this case I have to configure floating IP and an entry in
dns that point to ip because I don't want that client points directly to
nodes

...Second option is better because in this way I can make a load
balancing...but even if I use real name and real ip address of nodo1 and
nodo2 the problem is SSL....of course, I can use wildcards as Rob
says...but in that case is a whole security

> Have 2 FDSs insist but then list all of them in the clients' ldap.conf -- no problem.

Please can U explain this?...how can I configure clients' ldap.conf to
listen both server in SSL mode?

thanks...like always

Alex