[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Hostname does not match CN

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Tue Apr 4 18:30:30 UTC 2006

> Does Directory Server support the subjectAltName extension on SSL certs?

Yes, the NSS toolkit which Directory Server uses can handle these certs.

The next question is, do your SSL-enabled LDAP clients support these certs?
I need to support both Solaris and RedHat Linux LDAP name service
clients (i.e., passwd, group, automount, etc.).  I've found that:
- Solaris clients can handle wildcard certs.  RHEL 3 clients can't.
- RHEL 3 clients can handle subjectAltName certs.  Solaris clients can't.

So, while the server can present either of these cert types, your
clients' limitations will also influence how you sign your certs.