[Fedora-directory-users] NSS_ldap....(was... SubjectAltName how does it work?)

Alex magobin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 09:58:37 UTC 2006

Hi, following Susan's council...I leave out my purpose about floating ip and
I set up two server ldap in client's configuration...int this way everything
works, but I have two  question:

1) After set up via authconfig in a fedora 5 client ldap configuration I
reboot client but on booting seems that something doesn't work...I have to
wait a lot of time..after this time X doens't work and I remake
Xconfiguration..but, after that I succesfully log in in client and query on
ldap servers...I found in logs this:

Xfs: nfs_ldap: reconnetting to ldap server (sleeping 4 seconds)...
-CUT-
Xfs: nfs_ldap: reconnecting to ldap server (sleeping 40 seconds)...

And so on...but repeat...after X reconfiguration everything works..the
problem is every time I reboot client I have to configure X :-(

2) When for test I shutted nodo1 query and authentication was made correctly
from nodo2, but I saw that in this case it was slower than with nodo1...for
every query I ave to wait about 3 seconds....while with nodo1 it was
istantaneous.

Thanks for help

Alex