[Fedora-directory-users] Multimaster Replication Behind a Load Balancer

Stephen C. Rigler srigler at marathonoil.com
Mon Dec 4 20:03:54 UTC 2006

Dave,

We're still in the early stages of looking at doing this, but we're
using Piranha doing direct-routing as a load balancer.

On the real servers, we have iptables rules that look like this:

-A PREROUTING -d <VIP> -p tcp -m tcp --dport 389 -j REDIRECT
-A PREROUTING -d <VIP> -p tcp -m tcp --dport 636 -j REDIRECT

It also becomes necessary to set nsslapd-idletimout so that you don't
end up with tons of idle connections.

-Steve