[Fedora-directory-users] Multimaster Replication Behind a Load Balancer

Dave Augustus davea at support.kcm.org
Mon Dec 4 20:39:12 UTC 2006

piranha = LVS I do believe- maybe some management scripts are different.
I have been using LVS for 5 years now. It works great!

(Help me understand... I am not an iptables guru but I have done some to
get done what I needed to)

your statements:
-A PREROUTING -d <VIP> -p tcp -m tcp --dport 389 -j REDIRECT
-A PREROUTING -d <VIP> -p tcp -m tcp --dport 636 -j REDIRECT

Does this mean?
-you are assigning an 2 IPs to your LDAP servers, one for loadbalancing
and one for LDAP server
-any traffic to the VIP is redirected to the IP that you have told LDAP
server to use

Correct?