[Fedora-directory-users] allowing users to change their own passwords (solaris 10)

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 22:28:44 UTC 2006

I got it from docs.sun.com:

-bash-3.00# cat /etc/pam.conf
#
# Authentication management
#
# login service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
login   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
login   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
login   auth required           pam_dial_auth.so.1
login   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
login   auth sufficient         pam_unix_auth.so.1
login   auth required           pam_ldap.so.1
#
# rlogin service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth)
#
rlogin  auth sufficient         pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rlogin  auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
rlogin  auth sufficient         pam_unix_auth.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_ldap.so.1
#
# rsh service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth,
# and pam_unix_auth for meaningful pam_setcred)
#
rsh     auth sufficient         pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rsh     auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
#
# PPP service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
ppp     auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_dial_auth.so.1
ppp     auth sufficient         pam_unix_auth.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_ldap.so.1
#
# Default definitions for Authentication management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for authentication
#
other   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
other   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
other   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
other   auth sufficient         pam_unix_auth.so.1
other   auth required           pam_ldap.so.1
#
# passwd command (explicit because of a different authentication module)
#
passwd  auth sufficient         pam_passwd_auth.so.1
passwd  auth required           pam_ldap.so.1
#
# cron service (explicit because of non-usage of pam_roles.so.1)
#
cron    account required        pam_unix_account.so.1
#
# Default definition for Account management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for account management
#
other   account requisite       pam_roles.so.1
other   account required        pam_unix_account.so.1
#

--- George Holbert <gholbert at broadcom.com> wrote:

> Susan,
>
> What does your PAM password stack look like on the Solaris 10 client?
> -- George
>
> Susan wrote:
> > Well, I've gotten authentication working for solaris 10 & FDS.  (Thank you, everybody)
> >
> > As root, I can change any user's password and that works.  As a regular user, however, no
> luck:
> >
> > -bash-3.00$ passwd
> > passwd: Changing password for test
> > passwd: Sorry, wrong passwd
> > Permission denied
> >
> > -bash-3.00$ passwd -r ldap
> > passwd: Changing password for test
> > passwd: Sorry, wrong passwd
> > Permission denied
> > -bash-3.00$
> >
> > I've this aci:
> >
> > (targetattr="carLicense ||description ||displayName ||facsimileTelephoneNumber ||homePhone
> (write)
> > userdn="ldap:///self";)
> >
> > Doesn't seem to be doing anything, even though userPassword is in there. Btw, in Linux,
> non-root
> > users can change their passwords just fine!
> >
> > I've also two of these ACIs which I got from Gary Tay's site:
> >
> > (target="ldap:///dc=company,dc=com")(targetattr="userPassword")(version 3.0; acl
> > LDAP_Naming_Services_proxy_password_read; allow (compare,search) userdn =
> > "ldap:///cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=company,dc=com";)
> >
> > (targetattr =

"cn||uid||uidNumber||gidNumber||homeDirectory||shadowLastChange||shadowMin||shadowMax||shadowWarning||shadowInactive||shadowExpire||shadowFlag||memberUid")(version