[Fedora-directory-users] allowing users to change their own passwords (solaris 10)

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Wed Feb 22 22:42:05 UTC 2006

It looks like you're missing a password stack in your /etc/pam.conf.

I think you got the example pam.conf here:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4556/6maort2tb?a=view
...but did you omit the bottom portion of the file?

This part:

#
# Default definition for Session management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for session management
#
other	session required	pam_unix_session.so.1
#
# Default definition for  Password management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for password management
#
other	password required	pam_dhkeys.so.1
other	password requisite	pam_authtok_get.so.1
other	password requisite	pam_authtok_check.so.1
other	password required	pam_authtok_store.so.1