[Fedora-directory-users] multi master replication over SSL

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Sat Jan 14 20:12:41 UTC 2006

Susan wrote:

>I got this from the manual:
>
>Note
>Replication configured over SSL with certificate-based authentication will fail in the following
>cases:
>
>    * If the supplier's certificate is a self-signed certificate.
>_________
>
>Is that still the case for FDS?  Is there any way to get it working using self-signed certs?

If the consumer can verify and validate the suppliers cert, as in
certificate based auth, then it should work.  Otherwise, you can just
use regular SSL replication with password auth.

>If not, I'm thinking of using stunnel between both masters, then.

Will that allow you to do certificate based auth, or just SSL encryption
of the channel with password based auth?  If so, then it's the same as
regular replication with SSL and passwords without certificate based auth.